PATCHOGUE ARTS GALLERY PRESENTS
Patchworks 2017: The Annual Juried Members Exhibition
Juror: Pat Rogers
July 15 – August 27, 2017
Reception: Saturday, July 15, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from current Patchogue Arts Council members for inclusion in its Annual Juried Members Exhibition entitled Patchworks 2017. The exhibition will run from July 15 to August 27, 2017, with an opening reception on Saturday, July 15, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Pat Rogers, managing editor and publisher of the Hamptons Art Hub, will jury the exhibition.
About the Exhibition
The Annual Juried Members Exhibition gives all current members of the Patchogue Arts Council the opportunity to exhibit their artwork at the Patchogue Arts Gallery, located at 20 Terry St. Suite 116, in Patchogue, NY. There is no submission fee, and artists are invited to submit up to two works of art in any medium. The exhibition highlights the many talents of the Patchogue Arts community, exhibiting a mixture of painting, sculpture, photography, and more. 2017 marks the sixth year PAC has held an exhibition exclusively for its members at the Patchogue Arts Gallery.
- June 29 – July 1: Artwork Drop Off Days – Each artist may submit two works of art for consideration. Works are to be dropped off at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (June 29 & 30) and 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 1:00 – 3:00 PM (July 1)
- July 6: Artist Notifications – A Patchogue Arts Council representative will notify all artists via email and/or phone once artwork is selected.
- July 7 – 8: Unselected Artwork Pick Up –Artists are to make arrangements to pick up their unselected work. Unselected artwork can be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
- July 15 – August 27: Exhibition Dates – The exhibition will run from July 15 through August 27 at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. An opening reception will be held at the gallery on July 15 from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. The reception is free and open to the public.
- August 27 – 29: Removal of Artwork – All artists selected for the exhibition must make arrangements for their artwork to be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. Artwork can be picked up between the hours of 5:00 – 6:00 PM (August 27), 9:00 – 11:00 AM, and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (August 28 & 29).
Requirements & Restrictions
- All work that is to be hung on walls must be wired/ready to hang
- Only current members of the Patchogue Arts Council will be exhibited – now is the time to renew your membership or join!
- There is no fee to submit work
- Two and three dimensional work will be accepted
- Artists may submit two (2) works of art for consideration
- Size is limited to 48 inches in width. There is no height limit
- All artists must submit a release form – provided during drop off
About the Juror
Pat Rogers is an award-winning arts journalist and art writer. Since 1997, Rogers has continually written about artists and finds joy in presenting art to the public. She is the publisher and managing editor of Hamptons Art Hub, an online-only publication she founded in 2012 that fosters awareness of the visual arts in The Hamptons, the East End, New York City, Miami, Long Island, Fairfield, and Westchester Counties. The Hamptons Art Hub publishes reviews, features, artist profiles, and columns presenting events and exhibitions. Rogers previously spent 13 years writing about the visual arts for The Southampton Press and was an initial arts columnist for Long Island Pulse.
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM, Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org, call 631-627-8686, or email email@example.com.