*Special Sponsor Blick Art Materials
The Patchogue Arts Council (PAC) is pleased to announce Paint the Great South Bay 2019 Plein Air Event, Exhibit, and Wet Paint Sale. The Patchogue Arts Council invites artists to paint en plein air along the Great South Bay, ranging from Smith Point Beach to The Fire Island Lighthouse
Proceeds from this event help the Patchogue Arts Council continue to create events and programming that encourage, promote, and support the arts on Long Island.
This year PAC is excited to announce that BLICK ART MATERIALS as a special sponsor of PGSB 2019. They will be providing a special goody bag to each registered participant and prizes!
Important Event Dates:
• Sat., Aug. 17 through Sat., Aug. 24, 2019
• Artists paint RAIN OR SHINE
• Aug. 17 – Sat., Aug. 24, 2019: Artists at work and painting the GSB
• Aug. 17 – 18: Canvas Stamping at MoCA L.I. ( formerly Patchogue Arts Council Gallery) located at 20 Terry Street, Suite 116. Aug. 17 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM, and 1:00 – 5:00 PM and Aug.18 from 1:00 – 5:00 PM
• Artists must have all supports and canvases stamped prior to painting.
• Aug. 17 from 5:00 – 9:00 PM: The Patchogue Arts Council Sketch Club will host a group nocturnal plein air location for those artists who would like to paint with the group participating in the event. The location will be announced later.
• Aug. 24 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Registered artists are invited to bring their framed and ready to hang work to the Patchogue Arts Gallery located at 20 Terry Street, Suite 116.
• Aug. 25 – Sept. 1: Exhibition, reception and wet paint sale to celebrate the end of the PGSB plein air event.
• Aug. 25 from 1:00 – 5:00 PM: Reception and opening day of show.