PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL
Call for Outdoor Sculptures –
Arts on Terry June 4 – September 30, 2017
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from sculptors to exhibit an outdoor sculpture in Patchogue Village during the summer of 2017. Sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden from June 4 – September 30 as a component of Arts on Terry, a street fair scheduled for June 4 on Terry Street adjacent to the Artspace facility. Additionally, sculptures will remain installed through the end of September in compliance with the organization’s Summer of Love celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Summer of Love. With the spirit of the 1960s in mind, the Patchogue Arts Council is seeking artists who have uniquely creative voices in the form of self-expression.
Multiple sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden, and sculptors are encouraged to submit existing works for consideration. Artists will be awarded a stipend for works that are selected. The Visual Arts Committee of the Patchogue Arts Council will review all submissions. All artwork will be on view outside, in public spaces, and must abide by safety protocol and procedures.
- Email submissions are due ON April 14, 2017.
- Submissions received AFTER April 14, 2017 will not be considered.
- Accepted artists will be notified through email no later than April 24, 2017.
- Subject line must include: AOT2017_Sculpture_YourName.
- Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
Email Submission Guidelines
- Please submit 2 images total of sculpture
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- If submitting a new work, include in your design plans dimensions, a materials list, a
detailed budget, 2 preparatory drawings, and a list of detailed installation instructions.
- If submitting an existing work, please include 2 images of the work along with the
dimensions and detailed installation instructions.
- The body of your email must include image details including title, medium, size, & date.
- All artists must include one of the following: CV/resume, bio, or an artist statement.
- Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered.
Requirements & Restrictions
- Collaborations are permitted, but stipends are per sculpture, not per artist.
- There is no fee to submit work.
- All artwork must survive unpredictable weather for four months.
- Submission of work indicates that the artist has an understanding of the fact that PAC
assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss; in addition, artists will be required to
sign a waiver.
- Only digital submissions sent by end of day April 14, 2017 will be considered.
- Submissions must include images for existing work or proposal plans for new work.
- April 14: Submission Deadline – Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by this date
- April 24: Artist Notifications – Artists granted public space to exhibit their sculptures will be notified via EMAIL by a Patchogue Arts Council representative.
- May 29 – June 3: Temporary Sculpture Installation – Artists will be expected to install their sculpture between these dates
- June 4 – September 30: Exhibition Dates – On June 4 the Arts on Terry street fair will take place in the area around Artspace, works will remain installed throughout the summer
- September 30 – October 7: Removal of Sculptures – Artists will be expected to retrieve their installation/sculpture between these dates
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org, call 631-627-8686, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.