PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL
Call for Outdoor Sculptures – Arts on Terry
May 28 – October 12, 2018
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from sculptors to exhibit an outdoor sculpture in Patchogue Village during the summer of 2018. Sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden from May 28 – October 12 as a component of Arts on Terry, a fine art street fair scheduled for June 24 on Terry Street adjacent to the Artspace facility. Additionally, sculptures will remain installed through the second week in October in coordination with the organization’s E pluribus unum Festival Season 2018, (EPU) will celebrate the concept of unity from diversity in varied media and disciplines including visual arts, dance, music, film and video in multiple venues in downtown Patchogue from May through October 2018.
Multiple sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Community Garden, and sculptors are encouraged to submit existing works or new works for consideration. Artists will be awarded a stipend for works that are selected. The Visual Arts Committee of the Patchogue Arts Council will review all submissions. All artwork will be on view outside, in public spaces, and must abide by safety protocol and procedures. All work must be constructed from materials that can with stand all types of weather, be appropriate for public spaces and impervious to interaction with the public.
- Email submissions are due by April 27, 2018.
- Submissions received AFTER April 27, 2018 will not be considered.
- Accepted artists will be notified through email no later than April 30, 2018.
- Subject line must include: AOT2018_Sculpture_YourName.
- Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
Email Submission Guidelines
- Please submit 2 images total of sculpture
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- If submitting a new work, include in your design plans dimensions, a materials list, a detailed budget, 2 preparatory drawings, and a list of detailed installation instructions.
- If submitting an existing work, please include 2 images of the work along with the dimensions and detailed installation instructions.
- The body of your email must include image details including title, medium, size, & date.
- All artists must include one of the following: CV/resume, bio, or an artist statement.
- Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered.
Requirements & Restrictions
- Collaborations are permitted, but stipends are per sculpture, not per artist.
- There is no fee to submit work.
- All artwork must survive unpredictable weather for four months.
- Submission of work indicates that the artist has an understanding of the fact that PAC assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss; in addition, artists will be required to sign a waiver.
- Only digital submissions sent by end of day April 27, 2018 will be considered.
- Submissions must include images for existing work or proposal plans for new work.
- April 27: Submission Deadline – Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by this date
- April 30: Artist Notifications – Artists granted public space to exhibit their sculptures will be notified via EMAIL by a Patchogue Arts Council representative.
- May 23 – May 27: Temporary Sculpture Installation – Artists will be expected to install their sculpture between these dates
- May 27 – October 12: Exhibition Dates – On June 24 the Arts on Terry street fair will take place in the area around Artspace, works will remain installed throughout the summer
- October 12 – October 14 : Removal of Sculptures – Artists will be expected to retrieve their installation/sculpture between these dates
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org, call 631-627-8686, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.