PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL PRESENTS
Call for Installation Artists
October 26 – 28, 2017
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce that it is accepting submissions from installation artists to transform its gallery from October 26 – 28, 2017. The Patchogue Arts Council will be hosting its inaugural Founders Gala on October 26 at Toast Coffeehouse in Patchogue with an initial reception at the Patchogue Arts Gallery.
The theme of the event is based on Metropolis, Fritz Lang’s 1927 epic German Expressionist sci-fi film drama. The Founders Gala is also based on the Cubism, Futurism and Bauhaus art movements. The Patchogue Arts Gallery is a single space of approximately 25 by 50 feet with clean, white walls. The Visual Arts Committee will review all submissions. Proposals that lean heavily on video projection will be favored. Proposals should keep in mind that the reception will take place within the gallery space among the work. Interactive elements are welcomed. Each selected artist will receive a stipend of $250.00. The artist(s) and installation will be featured in the organization’s media promotions and subsequent press. This opportunity will provide the chosen artist(s) with a great deal of exposure. For questions or site visits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email submissions due ON Sunday, October 1
- Submissions received AFTER Sunday, October 1 will not be considered
- Accepted artists will be notified through email by Sunday, October 8
- Email your submissions to: email@example.com
- Subject line must include: Temp Installation_Artist Name
- Only submissions to this email address with this subject line will be considered
Email Submission Guidelines
- Artists are invited to submit up to five jpgs of past installation work
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- All artists should include: CV/resume, bio, artist statement
- Submissions should also include a typed installation proposal as well as visual elements (mock ups, drawings, etc.)
- Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered
- October 1: Submission Deadline: Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 8: Artist Notification: Accepted artist will be notified via email
- October 24 – 25: Installation set up: Install times are TBA, to be arranged with PAC
- October 26 – 28: Exhibition dates: Installation on view
- October 29: Installation de-install: De-install times are TBA, to be arranged with PAC
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM, Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org, call 631-627-8686, or email email@example.com.
You may download the prospectus here: https://patchoguearts.org/wp-content/uploads/GALA_Call-for-artists_Video_Installation.pdf