Patchogue Arts Gallery Presents:
PatchWorks 2014: The Annual Juried Members Exhibition
Juror: Jay Schuck
July 12 – August 30, 2014
Reception: Saturday, July 12, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from current Patchogue Arts Council members for inclusion in its Annual Juried Members Exhibition entitled PatchWorks 2014. The exhibition will run from July 12 to August 30, 2014, with an opening reception on Saturday, July 12, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Jay Schuck, the Exhibition Coordinator of the Patchogue Arts Council’s Member Gallery at Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Co., will jury the exhibition.
PatchWorks 2014 gives all current members of the Patchogue Arts Council the opportunity to exhibit their artwork at the Patchogue Arts Gallery, located at 20 Terry St. Suite 116, in Patchogue, NY. There is no submission fee, and artists are invited to submit up to two works of art in any medium. The exhibition will highlight the many talents of the Patchogue Arts community, exhibiting a mixture of painting, sculpture, photography, and more. 2014 marks the third year PAC has held an exhibition exclusively for its members at the Patchogue Arts Gallery.
DOWNLOAD THE PROSPECTUS HERE: PatchWorks 2014 Prospectus
- June 27 – 29: Artwork Drop Off Days – Each artist may submit two works of art for consideration. Works are to be dropped off at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (June 27), and 1:00 – 3:00 PM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (June 28 & 29).
- June 30: Juror’s Selection & Artist Notifications – A Patchogue Arts Council representative will notify all artists via email and/or phone once artwork is selected.
- July 1 – 3: Unselected Artwork Pick Up – Due to space limitations we will be unable to include every submission and hold unselected artwork. Artists are to make arrangements to pick up their unselected work. Unselected artwork can be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
- July 12 – August 30: Exhibition Dates – The exhibition will run from July 12 through August 30 at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. An opening reception will be held at the gallery on July 12, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. The reception is free and open to the public.
- August 30 – September 1: Removal of Artwork – All artists selected for the exhibition must make arrangements for their artwork to be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. Artwork can be picked up between the hours of 5:00 – 6:00 PM (August 30), 1:00 – 3:00 PM (August 31), and 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 7:00 – 8:00 PM (September 1).
Requirements & Restrictions
- All work that is to be hung on walls must be wired/ready to hang
- Only current members of the Patchogue Arts Council will be exhibited – now is the time to renew your membership or join!
- There is no fee to submit work
- Two and three dimensional work will be accepted
- Artists are invited to submit two (2) works of art for consideration
- Size is limited to 48 inches in width. There is height limit
- All artists must submit a release form – provided during drop off
About the Juror: Jay Schuck has been an active member of the Patchogue Arts Council since 2011. He currently serves on its Visual Arts Committee and is the Exhibition Coordinator of the Patchogue Arts Council’s Member Gallery at Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company. He is always accepting submissions for potential solo exhibitions at Roast. In addition to his work with PAC, he is the Museum Curatorial Assistant at the Islip Art Museum and teaches art history classes through its School of Cultural Arts program.