PATCHOGUE ARTS GALLERY PRESENTS
PatchWorks 2016: The Annual Juried Members Exhibition
Juror: Neil Watson, Director Long Island Museum
May 13 – June 26, 2016
Reception: Saturday, May 21, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from current Patchogue Arts Council members for inclusion in its Annual Juried Members Exhibition entitled PatchWorks 2016. The exhibition will run from May 13 to June 26, 2016, with an opening reception on Saturday, May 21, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Neil Watson is the Director of Long Island Museum in Stony Brook, NY.
PatchWorks 2016 gives all current members of the Patchogue Arts Council the opportunity to exhibit their artwork at the Patchogue Arts Gallery, located at 20 Terry St. Suite 116, in Patchogue, NY. There is no submission fee, and artists are invited to submit up to two works of art in any medium. The exhibition will highlight the many talents of the Patchogue Arts community, exhibiting a mixture of painting, sculpture, photography, and more. 2016 marks the fifth year PAC has held an exhibition exclusively for its members at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. Now is the perfect time to renew your membership or join the Patchogue Arts Council.
- May 3 – 5: Artwork Drop Off Days – Each artist may submit two works of art for consideration. Works are to be dropped off at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of
- 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (May 3)
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (May 4)
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM (May 5)
- May 6: Juror’s Selection & Artist Notifications – A Patchogue Arts Council representative will notify all artists via email and/or phone once artwork is selected.
- May 7: Unselected Artwork Pick Up – Due to space limitations we will be unable to include every submission and hold unselected artwork. Artists are to make arrangements to pick up their unselected work. Unselected artwork can be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 4:00 – 7:00 PM.
- May 13 – June 26: Exhibition Dates – The exhibition will run from May 13 through June 26 at the Patchogue Arts Gallery. An opening reception will be held at the gallery on May 21, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. The reception is free and open to the public.
- June 27 – 28: Removal of Artwork – All artists selected for the exhibition must make arrangements for their artwork to be picked up at the Patchogue Arts Gallery between the hours of 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 4:00 – 7:00 PM.
Requirements & Restrictions
- All work that is to be hung on walls must be wired/ready to hang
- Only current members of the Patchogue Arts Council will be exhibited – now is the time to renew your membership or join!
- There is no fee to submit work
- Two and three dimensional work will be accepted
- Artists are invited to submit two (2) works of art for consideration
- Size is limited to 48 inches in width. There is no height limit
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM, Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org call 631-627-8686, or email email@example.com