THANK YOU SPONSORS
Patchogue Arts Council (M)usic (A)rts (C)inema October 17 – 26, 2014
The Patchogue Arts Council is excited to announce its next creative place-making initiative,
‘Destination Downtown – PAC MAC Festival 2014’ The festival will be a downtown-centric,
multi-day, multi-venue festival encompassing (M)usic, (A)rts, and (C)inema from October 17-26, 2014.
PAC MAC will include:
- Musical performances will be taking place at a variety of local restaurants throughout Patchogue. Nights will be arranged by musical genre, including rock, funk and more.
- The Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts kicks off the opening of the 10th Season of Live in the Lobby on Oct 23 with a double album release by Chris J. Connolly and by Bryan Gallo & Butchers Blind.
- Tri Valley Brass will be performing at the New Village Green Oct 25 and 26
- A full day “Jamfest” is scheduled on Oct 19 at 89 North
- Open mic, sponsored by the Patchogue Medford Library will be taking place off Main St in the Roe Walkway on Oct 25.
- A kick off party for the festival is planned at the collaborative exhibition presented by Projecting Arts and Briarcliffe College, “Celebrando La Vida 2014” Latino artists expressing their thoughts on “Celebrating Life” , Oct 18 5-7 PM Reception.
- Sculptures and installations will be located in multiple public spaces including Capital One Plaza, New Village Green, The Garden Club Community Garden and Briarcliffe College.
- The Best of Suffolk County Arts Councils exhibit will be on view at the PAC Gallery (Terry St.), with an annex exhibit at LI Pulse office 1 Terry St.
- Additional exhibitions will be on display at the Lobby Gallery at the Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, the PAC Member Gallery at Roast Coffee and Tea, and at Shand’s Loft Gallery @ BHB.
- The Arts Live Here: a gallery exhibit showcasing the work of the resident artists of Artspace including a day of open studio tours and reception on Oct 25.
- The Pop M’Art, 46 E. Main St, will feature a series of pop-up galleries showcasing the work of local artists groups.
Literary & Performance Arts:
- The New Musicals Project will be performing at the Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts with an original family musical entitled BOO!, on Oct 26 at 2:00 and 4:00 pm.
- Thomson Square will be performing at PTPA on Oct 17
- Paula Poundstone will be performing at PTPA on Oct 18.
- Spoken word and poetry readings will take place at Roast Coffee & Tea on Oct 21
- Readings by Herstory Writer’s Workshop will take place at the Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center on Oct 20
- The cinema component of PAC MAC will include a full week of special programing focused on dance and music, kicking off with a special screening of “Dancing in Jaffa”. The following films are scheduled: “Get on Up” a biopic about James Brown, the Beatle’s “A Hard Days Night”, “Finding Fella” and “Alive Inside”. All screenings are at Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center.
- Screenings of animation and short films will be taking place at The Loft at the Brickhouse Brewery at various times throughout the week.
Click on the highlighted links above for the full schedule of events.