PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL
Call for Outdoor Sculptures – Arts on Terry
May 6-Jun 5, 2016
The Patchogue Arts Council is pleased to announce it is accepting submissions from artists to exhibit an outdoor sculpture in Patchogue Village in May 2016.
Up to six sculptures will be installed in the Patchogue Garden Club Garden for one month from May 6 to June 5 as a component of Arts on Terry, a street fair scheduled for May 15 on Terry Street adjacent to the Artspace facility. Three sculptures will be installed in the vicinity of the Artspace building. Arts on Terry is a joint venture between the Patchogue Arts Council and Artspace Patchogue Lofts.
Artists are invited to submit an outdoor sculpture and will receive a stipend of $350- $1000 if selected. The Visual Arts Committee of the Patchogue Arts Council will review all submissions. All artwork will be on view outside, in public spaces, and must abide by safety protocol and procedures.
- Email submissions due ON April 1, 2016
- Submissions received AFTER April 1, 2016 will not be considered
- Accepted artists will be notified through email no later than April 12, 2016
- Subject line must include: Sculpture2016_YourName
- Email your submissions to: email@example.com
- Only submissions to this email address will be considered
Email Submission Guidelines
- Please submit 2 images total of sculpture using the following specifications
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- If submitting a new work, include in your design plans: dimensions, a materials list, a detailed budget, a 2 preparatory drawings, and a list of detailed installation instructions
- If submitting an existing work, please include 2 images of the work along with the dimensions, and detailed installation instructions
- The body of your email must include the image details including title, medium, size, & date
- All artists must include one of the following: CV/resume, bio or an artist statement.
- Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered
Requirements & Restrictions
- Collaborations are permitted, but stipends are per sculpture – not per artist
- There is no fee to submit work
- All artwork must survive unpredictable weather for one month
- Submission of work indicates that the artists has an understanding of the fact that PAC assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss; in addition, artists will be required to sign a waiver.
- Only digital submissions sent by April 1, 2016 will be considered
- Submissions must include images for existing work or proposal plans for new work
- April 1, 2016: Submission Deadline: – Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date
- April 12, 2016: Artist Notifications – Artists granted public space to exhibit their sculptures will be notified via EMAIL by a Patchogue Arts Council representative.
- April 30 – May 5, 2016: Temporary Sculpture Installation – Artists will be expected to install their sculpture between these dates
- May 6 – June 5 Exhibition Dates – On May 15 the “Arts on Terry” street fair will take place in the area around Artspace.
- June 6 – 12: Removal of Artwork – Artists will be expected to retrieve their installation/sculpture between these dates.
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc., was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org, call 631-627-8686, or email email@example.com.