(credit Alyssa Vera/GreaterPatchogue.com)
Call to Artists
Submit your work for consideration to become a part of the 2018 Roe Walkway Public Art Project, Patchogue’s path to the Arts!
The Patchogue Arts Council, the Patchogue Community Development Agency, the Department of Public Works, and the Village of Patchogue invite artists to submit work for consideration.
The Patchogue Arts Council (PAC), as arts consultant to the Community Development Agency (CDA), is requesting submissions from artists interested in designing one of four custom pavers to be part of the 2018 Roe Walkway Public Art Project. Four final designs will be transformed into six foot round custom paver art pieces. They will be incorporated into a permanent path leading from the Roe Archway through the parking lot to Terry Street, home of the Patchogue Arts Council, Artspace Lofts, and the Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center – Patchogue’s Path to the Arts!
The Roe Walkway project will be installed by June 24, 2018 to coordinate with the Arts on Terry street arts festival, a joint project of PAC and Artspace Patchogue. An official ribbon cutting ceremony and celebration will also be planned during this time.
Artists are encouraged to review the paverart.com
site to gain a better understanding of the materials and process. A dozen artists will be chosen from the island-wide call to create original designs for possible selection. Each chosen artist will be awarded a $200 stipend. Four final designs will be used to create custom concrete paver art pieces to be included in the Roe Walkway Public Art Project. The final four artists chosen will each be awarded a $600 stipend.
The submission and design process will take place in three stages.
Stage 1: Artists submit current work samples and bio, CV/resume, or artist statement per guidelines below.
Stage 2: 12 selected artists will be chosen through a blind selection process and asked to submit design proposals to be considered for one of the four custom paver art pieces to be included in the Roe Walkway Project. Each of the 12 artists will be awarded a $200 stipend.
Stage 3: 4 final artists will be chosen to refine their designs to the fabricator’s specifications and will be awarded a $600 stipend.
Artists interested should read the guidelines and deadline below.
STAGE 1: ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
Deadline – midnight February 25, 2018
Email Submission Guidelines
- Please submit 3 images representative of your work using the following specifications.
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- All artists must include one of the following: CV/resume, bio, or an artist statement.
- Submissions that do not follow ALL the above guidelines will not be considered.
- Email submissions are due by midnight ON February 25, 2018.
- Submissions received AFTER February 25, 2018 will not be considered.
- All artists will be notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- 12 Artists will be chosen to move to stage 2 and notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- Subject line must include: 2018_RoeWalkway_YourName.
- Email your submissions to: email@example.com.
- Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
STAGE 2: 12 SELECTED ARTISTS INVITED TO DESIGN
Deadline – midnight March 15, 2018
- 12 Artists will be chosen and notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- At the time of selection artists will be given a set of design parameters to keep in mind while creating their designs for stage 3.
- Artists chosen have until midnight on March 15, 2018 to complete and submit their proposed designs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All 12 design submissions will be presented by PAC to the CDA board, and a recommendation of 4 finalists will be made.
STAGE 3: 4 FINAL ARTISTS & DESIGNS
Deadline – midnight March 20, 2018
- Final designs will be presented to the public and move forward to be created by the contracted fabricator, Paver Art LLC.
- Finalists will work with PAC’s Visual Arts Committee and may be required to refine their designs to the fabricator’s specifications.
- The 4 finalists chosen will each be awarded a $600 stipend.
Requirements & Restrictions
•There is no fee to submit work.
•Only digital submissions sent by midnight February 25, 2018 will be considered.
•Submissions will not be accepted from any PAC employee, staff, independent contractors paid by PAC, member of the PAC Board of Trustees or PAC Committee member.
•The Village of Patchogue CDA reserves the right to reject any or all submissions and to waive any informality in any submission, and to accept submissions which it deems most favorable to the interests of the CDA.
ABOUT THE PATCHOGUE ARTS COUNCIL – The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. was formed to encourage, support, and promote the arts while aiding in the revitalization and sustainability of the community. The Patchogue Arts Council, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose focus is to serve the greater south shore of the Town of Brookhaven. The Patchogue Arts Council is located at 20 Terry St., Suite 116, Patchogue NY and is open Thursdays and Fridays, 2:00 – 7:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 – 5:00 PM. For more information visit www.patchoguearts.org , call 631-627-8686, or email email@example.com.