Artists are encouraged to review the paverart.com
site to gain a better understanding of the materials and process. A dozen artists will be chosen from the island-wide call to create original designs for possible selection. Each chosen artist will be awarded a $200 stipend. Four final designs will be used to create custom concrete paver art pieces to be included in the Roe Walkway Public Art Project. The final four artists chosen will each be awarded a $600 stipend.
- Please submit 3 images representative of your work using the following specifications.
- All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
- All artists must include one of the following: CV/resume, bio, or an artist statement.
- Submissions that do not follow ALL the above guidelines will not be considered.
- Email submissions are due by midnight ON February 25, 2018.
- Submissions received AFTER February 25, 2018 will not be considered.
- All artists will be notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- 12 Artists will be chosen to move to stage 2 and notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- Subject line must include: 2018_RoeWalkway_YourName.
- Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
- 12 Artists will be chosen and notified through email no later than February 28, 2018.
- At the time of selection artists will be given a set of design parameters to keep in mind while creating their designs for stage 3.
- Artists chosen have until midnight on March 15, 2018 to complete and submit their proposed designs by email to email@example.com.
- All 12 design submissions will be presented by PAC to the CDA board, and a recommendation of 4 finalists will be made.
- Final designs will be presented to the public and move forward to be created by the contracted fabricator, Paver Art LLC.
- Finalists will work with PAC’s Visual Arts Committee and may be required to refine their designs to the fabricator’s specifications.
- The 4 finalists chosen will each be awarded a $600 stipend.